I recently discovered two items that go so perfectly together, I had to spotlight them at the same time. Behold the poor quality of my sidekick camera:
Those two blurry awesome things are Hard Candy's GINORMOUS LASH MASCARA! I put it in caps because it truly does make your lashes friggin' GINORMOUS! The color is Carbon Black, ofcourse.
This mascara does exactly what it says it's supposed to do.
When I first used it, I expected big fat clumpy lashes that would go great with my dark gothy eyes that day, but what I ended up getting was something so much more wonderful, and far less clumpy.
In fact, there are no clumps, at all! (Not that I've seen so far in almost a week, anyway.) I believe it has something to do with the shape of the brush. I can't take a picture that shows anything on my awful camera, so I'll just say that it's pointy, properly bristled, and PLASTIC.
So, plastic applicators haven't always been my favorite thing, but when it comes to smooth application of a thick-ass mascara like this one, plastic totally fits the bill.
I've also noticed that it adds length to the tips of my lashes without adding sticky residue that would otherwise come off on my upper cheeks. That didn't happen, and it dried quickly on my lashes without flaking.
This mascara takes the cake. And we all love cake.
Oh, and if you're looking for some shots of what this looks like applied, check out the Muse's November post on this product here.
The other little pot that's there is Maybelline New York's Dream Mousse Shadow in Black Spice. Though I absolutely love this shadow, I have to be clear before one of you go buy it, open it, and wonder how the heck I wear it every day when it looks (and feels) so clumpy.
Well, it's a mousse by name, but more of a cream by texture. It applies easily if you use a small eye brush, or in my case, a flat lip brush. (I have oily eyelids.) Now let me name a few things about this shadow before I say how much I love it:
- Not good for finger application. This is a bit iffy for me, because when it comes to any shadow that isn't dry packaged, I like to apply with my fingers.
- If you tip it over, some of it will actually fly out. And it stains. Bad.
- Sometimes the sparkles clump together, and take a bit of evening out before you get the "starry sky" look instead of the "i put crayons on my eyelids" look.
- Using a small brush, the application is MUCH easier. Takes a few minutes, but it's easier.
- The color lasts ALL DAY. It doesn't fade, and it's a PERFECT BASE for many other dark gothy shades.
- It's SUPER SMOOTH, so if you want to give the ends of your eyes a little wing action, you can easily just use a small lip brush and get profesh looking eyes from a $3 eyeshadow pot.
- It's sparkly black. Love.
Super sexii right?? So go out and buy both of these right now!! ♥